Monday, June 9, 2008

Princess: Jasmine of Agrabah




Princess: Jasmine of Agrabah // 06.09.08


Is Agrabah a real place or did Disney just make that up?

Once again, this princess idea rears its head. I have been knocking this idea around in my brain since around Freshman year and it's about time I do something about it. I'm going to use this week to do some good drawings of these girls (and also because I want a cute new wallpaper...)

The concept is something like this: Five teenage girls find out they actually possess magical powers attributed to five ancient kingdoms which, throughout history, have battled an entity known as BlackSage who takes on different incarnations in different eras (ex. Ursula, Malifecent, Jafar...you get the picture.) Once again this evil has awakened and blah blah blah. Not the most compelling synopsis, but I think it could make for something fun.

I swear Jasmine was the hardest to come up costume wise. It took about five different redesigns and constant variations until I found something I actually liked. Her character in the story would be very mysterious, the last princess to get her powers back because of something she did in the past concerning her beloved Aladdin and a fight for his life. What happens? Guess we'll never know till I get off my lazy ass!

I do like these colors for the most part. The red is from her slave costume (just in case there's anyone out there who isn't as crazy about Disney details as I am) and the purple cape thing is from one of her only costume changes in the movie (besides the aformentioned slave costume). Her powers are "genie" based so she can not only make matter appear but also change matter and do neat things with smoke signals.

No comments: