Thursday, June 12, 2008

Princess: Belle of Rosaille



Princess: Belle of Rosaille // 06.12.08


Well, that wasn't much of a break, now was it? I think I just got lucky on time today but now I have to high tail it to Lenexa for practice later.

This is Princess Belle
from the Princess concept. Her character is very much like her character in the movie: beautiful but quiet, with an affinity for written words rather than spoken ones. She is actually Aurora's sister in the story and has always been a little jealous of her. The Rose Mirror has become hers and can reveal the truth as well as cast protection circles/shields.

What's been the most fun about these day to day illustrations is that they don't always turn out what you think they will. In this one, for example, the way in which I was rendering the "light/power" coming from her mirror wasn't working at first, but once I started to play with circles and simplified the overall work I feel like something elegant came out. Can't wait to do the next one.

No comments: